Technology changes so fast that consumer electronics retail is a constant challenge. Trends come and go, product lifecycles can be short while promotions can have a major impact on demand. And with high value items mistakes can be very costly.
Typically there can be an enormous spike in demand at launch while sales can evaporate when a model is superseded. Success means having enough stock to meet the initial rush, but none when the next generation of products appears. With RELEX you can:
- Create good forecasts even for new products
- Allocate products effectively however you choose e.g. by forecast or product category sales – the right quantities to the right stores
- Monitor the estimated end-of-season stock and avoid residuals
It’s not just fast product turnover that make forecasting and replenishment hard – promotions play a huge role in shaping the market. Demand peaks can be huge. Accurate forecasts reduce the risk of lost sales and unwanted stock. RELEX helps you to:
- Build good forecasts for promotions automatically.
- Monitor the entire chain by your chosen criteria and react within the promotional period to actual sales.
- Analyse past promotions and plan for new ones
The latest technology often doesn’t come cheap. The risks and the rewards are high. The higher the price point and the shorter the cycle the more you need to tailor the forecasting and replenishment to individual product lines. RELEX helps you to:
- Classify products however you want. Define a comprehensive set of business rules quickly so you can handle dissimilar products differently.
- Automate the replenishment of lower risk products so you can focus on the critical ones
At RELEX we’ve helped consumer electronics retailers to master the challenges they face – indeed the more complex the environment, the bigger impact RELEX systems have. Working with us is easy, and you get measurable results in months. You want to improve your company’s profitability fast - so enter your contact details or give us a call – a one hour meeting is enough to familiarise ourselves with your company’s needs and define the next steps.