Fashion is just that. Just as no one buys yesterday’s newspapers, nothing is out of fashion so much as something just out of fashion. Fashion product lifecycles are very short. A given season’s lines are usually ordered well in advance. Grocers don’t have to worry about size and colour permutations. Fashion retailers do.
There’s a rush to buy at the start of a new season while sales can fall off fast as weather and tastes change. Success means having ordered enough stock, often months ahead, to meet the initial surge – but none when the next season starts. With RELEX you can:
- Analyse past seasons effectively and build good forecasts for next season’s lines
- Allocate products effectively however you choose e.g. by forecast or product category sales – the right quantities to the right stores
- Monitor the estimated end-of-season stock and avoid residuals – ship remaining items to stores where sales are being made
Fashion and clothing’s unique challenge is the added complexity of size and colour variations: it multiplies stock levels for each line, complicates management and adds to the pressure. RELEX helps you to:
- Analyse and forecast sales at any level you wish – be it product, family or product group level
- Allocate and replenish products at a lower level by size & colour to ensure right mix in stores
At RELEX we’ve helped fashion and clothing retailers to master the challenges they face – indeed the more complex the environment, the bigger impact RELEX systems have. Working with us is easy, and you get measurable results in months. You want to improve your company’s profitability fast – so enter your contact details or give us a call – a one hour meeting is enough to familiarise ourselves with your company’s needs and define the next steps.