RELEX Solutions is Europe's fast-growing provider of unified retail and supply chain solution.
RELEX provides cutting-edge retail optimization software to the world’s leading retailers — helping them stay relevant in the age of Living Retail.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including Leroy Merlin, EUROSPIN, DIA, Alì supermercati, Prenatal, Mediaworld, as well as Ahold Delhaize, Morrisons and REWE, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
Our Core Values
- The customer is a friend;
- The collegue is a friend;
- We provide measurable value;
- We stop stupid thinghs;
- Life is supposed to be fun.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a full-time DATA SCIENTIST to join our RELEX family in MILAN or VENICE.
You’ll join the Continuous Service team, who will help you to succeed in your new role.
What does it mean “working as DATA SCIENTIST in RELEX”?
You will work on Machine Learning implementations and live customers support in RELEX environment, with the main purpose to enhance the forecast accuracy in retail demand planning processes.
You will join the Italian team, but you'll be involved in a worldwide team where you’ll be able to share and learn a wide set of best practices
You will have to find the best solutions for the customers, sharing your expertise with them in order to reach their goals and improving their current processes, related to demand planning through Machine Learning techniques.
WHAT WILL YOU DO AS DATA SCIENTIST?
- Analyze performance, trustworthiness, and business value of new features, and identify key improvement areas
- Ability to find insights from large datasets efficiently and summarize your findings in crystal-clear format
- Ability to understand our customers and retail business environment
- Collaborate with an international team to create the best practices for ML implementation to implement them worldwide;
- Define and document best practices for new features
- Help customer reaching its supply chain objectivies;
- You will be the trusted point of contact for the customer for RELEX business logics on Machine Learning;
- Manage either customer or internal requests which are related to RELEX Machine Learning business logic.
Value Developments (customer request of implementation in RELEX)
- Understand Customer needs and proactively propose a solution;
- Create a SOW including a description of the business case , solution proposal, assumptions and prerequisites, impacts on support and performance , risks , scope , resource , deliverables and fees;
- Develop and test the solution agreed with customer and train it.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Studies and background in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a Master in Data Science;
- Good communication skills in Italian and fluent in English;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, work autonomously and understand customer requirements;
- Strong teamwork capability;
- Unquestionable work ethic.
We will consider as an Advantage
- Internship or previous work experience with other Forecasting & Replenishment or Retail Planning tools or in supply chain fields;
- Knowlege of one or more programming languages and proven track of applicative implementations through these languages
- Fluency in Spanish;
- Capability to confidently interact with customer teams.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU IN RETURN
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged;
- Learn several supply chain mindset in retail market;
- An international career;
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with;
- Responsibilities in challenging environments from day one;
- A position where you can help retailers fight against food waste with the latest technology.