We are looking for a full-time Front End Developer to join our RELEX family in our Helsinki office. You will use your skills and experience to build RELEX Supply chain optimization solution, one of the three main applications within RELEX. For this role the expected start date is early 2023, so we hope this suits to your plans.
RELEX supply chain optimization solution is a service that helps our customers optimize the availability of the products in stores, by forecasting the demand. You’ll join a Frontend-focused team of ~9 people, who will help you succeed in your new role. As a team, we value planning our work, collaborating on epics, and helping each other with tasks to achieve as a team.
The team is currently responsible for the front-end code of a web application. The code is mainly in TypeScript, React in the frontend, and Ruby in the back end (API layer). Currently, the frontend interacts with already developed and used JSON APIs, but we are on our way to changing the rails for GraphQL. Depending on your interests and skills the position can be only frontend focused with a wide variety of challenges, or also involve other kinds of development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing code and automated tests
- Doing code reviews, writing documentation, refactoring, bug fixes, improving code quality
- Participating in planning new features and solutions to identified issues
- Participating in and improving agile team practices. Decided by the team, we follow Scrum agile practices
- Collaborating within the team and with other internal teams
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Appreciation towards clean and maintainable code and reliable software
- Interest to develop oneself and sharing knowledge with others
- Efficiency in verbal and written communication in English
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience in GraphQL
- Experience with GitLab and GitLab CI
- Experience with unit testing and e2e testing (React Testing Library, Jest, Mocha)
- Experience in working in the agile software development team
- Enthusiasm towards improving frontend code performance
What we offer you in return:
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
- A position where you can help retailers fight against food waste
- Other add-on benefits: Mobile benefit, Lunch benefit, Sport & Culture benefit, Bike benefit, Home internet, Occupational Healthcare & Health Insurance, Childcare Services and more.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 4th of October. Please note that we may fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so please act quickly. The starting date can be agreed on so that you are able to handover your current tasks without problems.
If you have questions, our Talent Acquisition Person, Heini Matero (heini.matero[a]relexsolutions.com) is happy to answer them via email. Kindly note that we cannot process any applications through email.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including S Group, Suomalainen Kirjakauppa, Yliopiston Apteekki, Morrisons, and Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.