We are looking for a full-time Frontend Developer to join our RELEX family in our Helsinki office. You will use your skills and experience to build RELEX Plan, one of the three main applications within RELEX.
RELEX Plan is a service that helps our customers optimize availability of the products in stores, by forecasting the demand. You’ll join a Frontend-focused team of ~9 people, who will help you succeed in your new role. As a team, we value planning our work, collaborating on epics, and help each other on tasks to achieve as a team.
The team is currently responsible for the frontend code of a web application. The code is mainly in TypeScript, React in the frontend, and Ruby in the backend (API layer). Currently, frontend interacts with already developed and used JSON API’s, and soon, a GraphQL service will be available too.
Depending on your interests and skills the position can be only frontend focused with a wide variety of challenges, or also involve other kinds of development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing code and automated tests
- Doing code reviews, writing documentation, refactoring, bug fixes, improving code quality
- Participating in planning new features and solutions to identified issues
- Participating in agile team practices and the development of them. Decided by the team, we follow Scrum agile practices
- Collaborating within the team and with other internal teams
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Appreciation towards clean and maintainable code and reliable software
- Interest to develop oneself and share knowledge to others
- Efficiency in verbal and written communication in English
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience in d3, GraphQL or CI pipelines
- Experience or knowledge of Ruby or Kotlin (Not a regular need, but nice to have more expertise in the team)
- Experience on working in agile software development team
- Enthusiasm towards improving frontend code performance
What we offer you in return:
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- Support from the team members
- A team culture of working together with pair programming and peer focus sessions while respecting individuals own preferences
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one, several different kinds of work to choose from
- We promote remote working and flexible working hours, although we also value collaborating face to face (outside Covid, that is)
- Mobile phone, broadband and healthcare benefits
- Plenty of vocational clubs and opportunities: brewing, orienteering, gym at the office, training, mentorship programme, hack days etc.
- We like to move fast: see your good ideas realise without extensive bureaucracy
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your resume and short cover letter through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 29th of October 2021. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our talent acquisition person Heini Matero is happy to answer them by email heini.matero [a] relexsolutions.com.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, relocate new employees to our offices, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing, and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands, including Kesko, S Group, AutoZone, Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.