We are now looking for a Performance Analyst to join our RELEX family in Helsinki or Lisbon, Portugal.
The Performance of our in-memory database Software, handling up to billions of data rows and with massive computation requirements, is critical for the company and a differentiating factor versus our competition.
Together with the other members of the Performance Team we will monitor stacks of High Performance Computing servers with hundreds of CPU Cores and TiB of Memory to find performance issues before the customers even notice them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acquire a deep understanding of the inner-workings of our in-memory database system which powers our core product – RELEX Plan
- Performance Analysis – proactively search DEV and PROD stacks for performance abnormalities and address them before the customers even notice anything
- Capacity Estimations – determine trends of growth and help calculate capacity requirements | possibly also run experimental Performance Tests to verify capacity requirements
- Interact strongly with many different parties – examples:
- Liaise with Support and Service Delivery teams to become a recognized listener of issue-reports, help investigate issues, and keep them informed of known performance issues and ongoing investigations
- Liaise with the development teams to conduct deep-level investigations; handover root-causes found
- Use Linux servers through SSH command line
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with performance analysis | alternatively experience as a performance tester with a very strong focus on analyzing performance | alternatively a solid background as a Software Engineer looking to convert to Performance
- A scientifically minded approach to quality of measurements (accuracy and precision of measurements / isolation of variables); willingness to bounce ideas with colleagues and even peer-review performance work
- Strong perseverance to conduct investigations that get to the bottom of issues (ex: going through log files searching for error messages; explore different approaches to debugging; etc)
- Strong communication skills in English (English is our company language)
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience with Grafana, Honeycomb, VMWare, Java Mission Control, or APMs like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, NewRelic
- Experience with Java Virtual Machines, the Java language or other Garbage-Collecting languages (ex: .NET)
- Experience with distributed systems (ex: the open-source tools ZooKeeper, Helix, Linkerd)
- Experience CPU-profiling applications (ex: Java Flight Recordings)
- Experience with high-performance Hardware
- Experience with Linux servers
What we offer you in return:
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
- A position where you can help retailers fight against food waste
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 28th of October. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Performance Architect, Paulo Augusto Maia Borges, is happy to answer them by email: Paulo.Borges[a]relexsolutions.com.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, relocate new employees to our offices, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including Kesko, S Group, AutoZone, Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.