We are now looking for a Performance Test Engineer, or alternatively a Software Engineer looking to convert to the scientific arts of Performance, to join our RELEX family in Helsinki.
The Performance of our Software, handling in-memory databases of up to billions of data rows and with massive computation requirements, is critical for the company and a differentiating factor versus our competition.
Together with the other members of the Performance Team we will apply the scientific method – hypothesis; experimentation; observation – to explore the Performance characteristics of High Performance Computing servers with up to hundreds of CPU Cores and TiB of Memory, operating in distributed systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Expand and maintain existing test frameworks developed in JMeter and create new test frameworks
- Conduct Performance Testing – follow up on hypothesis raised; experiment them with appropriate test frameworks and load patterns; analyse resulting performance
- Report findings to development teams and work with them to improve the performance
- Help deploy and maintain clusters of Linux servers
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with performance testing or alternatively a solid background as a Software Engineer willing to convert to performance
- A scientifically minded approach to quality of measurements (accuracy and precision of the measurements); quality of the experiments (isolation of variables); willingness to bounce ideas with colleagues and even peer-review performance work
- Strong perseverance to conduct investigations to get to the bottom of issues (ex: going through log files searching for error messages; explore different approaches to debugging; etc)
- Strong communication skills in English (English is our company language)
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience with Linux servers or even with performance-optimizing the Linux Kernel
- Experience with the Java language (preferable) or another Garbage-Collecting language (ex: C#) or even performance-optimizing JVMs
- Experience with distributed systems (ex: the tools ZooKeeper, Helix, Linkerd, etc)
- Experience CPU-profiling applications
- Experience with high-performance Hardware or benchmarking Hardware
What we offer you in return:
- Interesting and challenging case work and development tasks
- Possibility to influence the way we do things and plan your own work
- Flexible work hours and a possibility to work remotely
- International working environment and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company with modern work culture
- Occupational healthcare provided by Heltti and an extensive IF Health Insurance
- A gym at the office and a lot of other sport activities: yoga, HIIT, floorball, badminton…
- Mobile phone and home internet benefit
- Support for the families: a sick childcare service, a paid day off when your child starts the school for the first time, flexible work arrangements
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio or work samples through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than the 28th of October. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Talent Acquisition Manager Heini Matero is happy to answer them by email (heini.matero [a] relexsolutions.com).
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, relocate new employees to our offices, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including Kesko, S Group, AutoZone, Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.