Job Description – Project Manager (IT/Supply Chain knowledge preferred)
Reports to: Head of Delivery Australia
Location: This role is based in Melbourne with hybrid working options
Job purpose: To lead the successful implementation of RELEX’s suite of systems by managing and coordinating the project teams internally and with the customer.
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Travel: 1 or 2 days a week
A brief overview of RELEX Solutions:
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including Coles and Baby Bunting, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
The RELEX team in Melbourne is growing and is looking for a Project Manager/Project Coordinator whose main responsibilities will be managing software implementation projects through all the phases of a project lifecycle in the field of retail merchandising and supply chain management. As a Project Manager/Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of RELEX software by building customer relationships, problem solving, coordinating and prioritising project tasks. Ensuring all timelines are met by maintaining project plans, budget and communication to the wider project team. From time to time, you will also support the sales team’s initiatives through providing project timelines and approach.
This is an ideal role for a Project Manager/Project Coordinator who is looking to the next step in their career and want to be part of building a success story, playing a key role in our future growth. You are superbly organised, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges. You will join an ambitious team of smart people; all committed to RELEX’s success. RELEX, in turn, does its very best to take good care of its people.
Travel will be required to visit customers on a regular basis or occasionally to meet with the RELEX teams in our other offices.
A bit about you (our ideal Project Manager/Project Coordinator):
- You have a big picture mindset always analysing new tasks and challenges considering previously stated objectives/scope to keep the team on track
- You solve issues as soon as they come up
- You thoroughly plan out the scope and ownership of all work
- You are confident to ask obvious questions that no one seems to be asking
- You seek out interdependencies and deliberately ‘over manage’ them
- You are flexible and ready to adapt and adjust where required, being proactive to identify the need for this and communicating widely
- You build your EQ, aware that this is the path to excellence
- You always look for what isn’t written down, and ask the team for the missing information
- You look for opportunities to engage the team and stakeholders, empowering others to deliver
- You value fun in your work, and get a kick out of organising complex tasks!
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Managing and participating in consultancy, data analysis and software implementation projects. Tasks include:
- Responsible for project reporting
- Responsible for owning and creating the project plan with the project team
- Creating and implementing a communication plan, including steering group meetings
- Responsible for creating and maintaining customer relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensuring that all stakeholders are adequately informed internally & externally
- Responsible for project scope and managing change requests
- Responsible for ensuring all tasks are completed within the timelines to best practice standards
- Organise and facilitate project meetings and workshops ensuring actions are documented and followed up until completion
- Responsible for escalating risks and issues
- Responsible for escalating resource requirements
- Participating and supporting sales process to agree appropriate timelines and project approach
- Attending suitable industry or RELEX events if needed
- Attending training and developing relevant knowledge and skills
- Some experience of project management / project coordination
- Experience working in IT system implementations project
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with customer stakeholders, influence and negotiate
- Strong time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
What we consider a strong plus:
- Qualified to degree level OR experience working in project management in retail
- Entrepreneurial attitude with interest towards growing the business
- Supply Chain Industry knowledge
- Experience with a grocery / CPG / FMCG retailer or supplier
- Ability to understand SCM systems from both business and IT perspectives
- Any other languages at a high level of competency
- Any Project Management qualifications
- Any IT qualifications
What we offer you in return:
- Challenging projects in an international working environment
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A front row seat in a rapidly growing and international software company
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Flexible work hours and a possibility to work remotely
- Possibility to grow in the company (multiple career paths) and to have support from an experienced team
- A position where you can help retailers fight against food waste with the latest technology
RELEX Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.