We are now looking for a full-time Project Manager with a background in Space and Assortment to join our RELEX family in Richmond, VA. You’ll join our Project Management team, who will help you succeed in your new role. Together the team will work closely with our customers to ensure they get the most value out of RELEX. You will help the team achieve this goal by understanding the customer’s business needs, supporting a project team of consultants and analysts, and leveraging project management tools to ensure a smooth implementation.
What you will be doing:
- Manage software implementation projects through all phases of a project lifecycle including gathering requirements, technical implementation, business configurations, testing and go-live
- Working with clients to help maximize sales through the utilization of the Relex Software to build and maintain accurate macro floor plans, optimal category adjacencies, and other client assigned tasks within scope of engagement.
- Manage the project team and internal experts
- Ensure that customer gets measurable value from RELEX implementation project
- Work with clients on a consultancy basis to understand and optimize their business processes and identify areas of opportunity to increase sales, reduce costs and maximize the efficiency of in-store operations through optimized product assortments and inventory management
- Provide thought leadership, innovation and confidence to challenge business strategy with clients
- Perform business analysis and problem-solving activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level
What you will bring to the table:
- Previous work experience of end-to-end software implementation projects and different project management methodologies
- Moderate level of AutoCAD experience
- Previous work experience in IT software project management, assortment management, account management, and/ or management consulting
- Process and software solution experience of the following areas:
- Assortment management
- Category management
- Space planning / optimization
- Retail planning / optimization
- Industry experience with a grocery, consumer products goods (CPG), fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) retailers or suppliers, preferably experience with Tier 1 retailer
- Solid understanding of retail industry best practice
- Excellent academic record in Industrial Management, Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computational Science and Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Engineering, or other relevant subject expertise
We value the following aspects in our candidates:
- Combination of Project Management skills, Business Consultancy skills and a knowledge of the retail industry
- Able to influence business strategy and communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to understand supply chain management systems from business and IT perspectives
- Able to independently develop customer accounts and create more value for our customers
- Able to understand technical backbone behind typical SaaS systems
- Microsoft Office required, SQL or BI skills are a bonus
What we offer you in return:
- After successfully performing in this role, the Project Manager will be given opportunities to further develop based on their skill set and interests into managing larger Tier 1 projects, being a Team Lead, or other senior roles within the growing organization.
- A front row seat in a rapidly growing and international software company
- Working with a fun, ambitious and committed team of smart people
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
- International career and learning opportunities
- Position where you can help retailers fight against food waste
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including Sprouts, Party City, and PetSmart and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.