One of the fastest growing Retail Tech companies in the world is looking for an experienced Snowflake Engineer to architect and lead our mission critical Snowflake platform. Our products Relex Plan, Relex Store and Relex Work enable leading retailers in Europe and the USA (United States of America) to optimize their operations and deliver fresh products while minimizing spoilage.
You will be joining the bigger Data Platform team at Relex and as a senior member and will help us implement a Data Lakehouse using Snowflake. You will own Snowflake infrastructure and will be responsible for making technology, architecture and hiring decisions to implement, maintain and scale our Snowflake implementation.
This position will be based in Helsinki or Lisbon based on the candidate.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Data Engineer-Snowflake, you will be working as part of a team to build, support and maintain our highly available, scalable, and high throughput Snowflake clusters in Europe, US and eventually APAC regions. Your responsibilities will include:
· Assisting internal teams in leveraging Snowflake with internal use cases such as AI/ML, BI etc.
· Implementing ETL/ELT pipelines using various connectors, Snowpipes, Kafka, Streaming etc. for use cases such as BI and AI/ML.
· Monitoring, maintaining, capacity planning, sizing, scaling, and ensuring our implementation meets various SLAs (Service Level Agreement) agreed upon with various customers.
· Designing, implementing, and testing HA and DR (Disaster Recovery) strategies.
· Introducing and implementing industry best practices for maintaining and administering Snowflake.
· Hiring, training, and mentoring junior team members
What you’ll bring to the table:
We are seeking problem solvers, out of the box thinkers and technology leaders. The ideal candidate for this position:
· Must have a positive attitude, out of the box thinking and respect towards colleagues and co-workers irrespective of their skill levels or backgrounds.
· Must be goal and team oriented – must think about the team before any decision.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in architecting, operating and maintaining large scale, production grade and mission critical Snowflake clusters.
· Experience with High Availability and Disaster recovery scenarios
· Must have experience with implementing ETL/ELT pipelines using Snowpipe, Kafka etc. For use cases such as BI, AI/ML etc.
· Good understanding of data organization and architecture, data governance, isolation etc. in Snowflake
· Good programming skills in Python would be highly desirable, although not mandatory.
· A bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering.
What we offer you in return:
Relex is an international organization, and we welcome people with diverse backgrounds. We foster a culture of inclusion, growth, collaboration, and cooperation while still acknowledging individuality. We want our employees to grow with us and offer many opportunities within the company including:
· Visa sponsorship, Relocation package and assistance in settling down in Finland.
· Competitive salary with occupational healthcare.
· Innovation time – use 20% of time for learning and exploring modern technologies. You may use the time to contribute to the open-source projects!
· Fully remote (Finland/Portugal) with company provided height adjustable desk and ergonomic chair delivered to your home!
· Company paid Internet, mobile phone and subscription
· Lunch Benefits, Recreational benefits
· An international, diverse working environment with work life balance
· Company sponsored attendance at one tech conference per year.
· And more!
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your [cover letter and resume] through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 31st of January 2022. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Talen Acquisition Specialist Vismit Chawla is happy to answer them by email vismit.chawla[at]relexsolutions.com.
Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 situation, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including AutoZone, Franprix, Morrisons, PetSmart, and Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.