We are now looking for a full-time Senior Developer (Golang) to join our RELEX family in our Helsinki office. You’ll join the Optimization team, who will help you succeed in your new role. Together the team is responsible for Workforce Optimization and builds the optimization services used in RELEX Work, which is one of the three main applications within RELEX. This is a great time to join us: you’ll get to have a big impact on how we grow and how we do things.
Our services convert workload forecasts to workforce requirements and then automatically schedule work for our customers’ employees. The goal is to ensure that employees with appropriate skills are scheduled to work at the right time, without violating their contracts. Because of our algorithms employees won’t be burdened with too much work nor have boring idle time, while still getting all the required work done. The optimization services are implemented in Golang and run in Azure. We use git/gitlab for version control and CI. The product is used by some of Finland's largest retailers. You will be working on three backend workforce optimization microservices. You will be a part of a specialist 5–person team loosely utilizing Kanban.
What you’ll be doing:
· Implementing new optimization features in golang
· Doing code reviews, writing documentation, refactoring & bug fixes
· Participating in identifying and designing new features
· Participating in agile team practices and the development of them
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Good teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in writing performant code
- Experience with performance profiling
- Excellent knowledge of at least one compiled programming language for example Golang, C++, Java, C#
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and reliable code
- Experience in writing tests
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Interest in developing yourself and sharing knowledge with others
What we consider as an advantage:
- Familiarity with git
- Knowledge of Golang
- Knowledge of Python
- Interest in the problem domain of workforce scheduling
- Interest in optimization and algorithms
What we offer you in return:
· An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
· A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
· A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
· Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
· The option to work remotely part of the time (outside Covid, that is. Currently almost all work is remote)
· Mobile phone, broadband and healthcare benefits
· Plenty of vocational clubs and opportunities: e.g., brewing, orienteering, gym at the office
· Possibility to work on a modern tech stack, e.g., Golang, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, microservices, CI/CD
Are you the one we’re looking for?
You can apply by sending your resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 6th of December. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly. If you have questions, our Talent Acquisition Manager Heini Matero is happy to answer them by email heini.matero[a]relexsolutions.com
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, relocate new employees to our offices, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing, and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands, including Kesko, S Group, AutoZone, Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.