We are looking for a full-time Senior Front-End Developer to join our RELEX family at the Helsinki office. You will join the Shift Management team, a team of dedicated developers who will help you succeed in your new role.
Shift Management is one of the development teams engineering RELEX Work. RELEX Work, a solution of RELEX’s cloud-native Living Retail Platform, is our solution addressing workforce optimisation and management. Our team is responsible for two main areas: Core services and Planner UI. Core services is the backend and API that connects several RELEX Work microservices. Planner UI is used by customers to plan and manage their workforce.
We strive to build a world class, forecast-based workforce optimisation SaaS that allows reducing labor costs while simultaneously increasing service levels. You will help us achieve this goal by building the Planner experience that allows effective work shift planning by utilising workload forecasts and running shift optimisations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop new features an refactor existing logic
- Write automated tests (we use React Testing Library for component testing and Cypress for end-to-end testing)
- Review merge requests (we use GitLab)
- Inspect and fix bugs (we use Sentry and DataDog for monitoring and logging)
- Participate in designing concepts and features from early on (we use Miro and Mural among other tools)
- Write specs and documentation (we use Confluence and Jira)
- Collaborate with UX designers, product owners and business consultants to build the best possible UI (we use Figma)
- Collaborate with other development teams to design solid and scalable technical solutions (we use Slack and Teams for communication)
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Several years of experience in software development
- Experience in at least some of following technologies: React, Redux, Node.js, TypeScript
- Appreciation towards clean and maintainable code and reliable software
- Experience working in an agile software development team (we use Kanban)
- Good written and verbal English language skills (we communicate in English)
What we consider as an advantage:
- Interest towards learning new things and sharing knowledge with others
- Diversity and different perspectives
- Experience building great UX
- Full-stack experience (our backend runs on Elixir/Phoenix and PostgreSQL)
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, K8s, Terraform)
- Interest towards functional programming
- Interest in domain-driven design
- Desire to put an end to stupid things. Raise your hand when you see something that does not make sense or could be done differently
What we offer you in return:
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Flexibility to position yourself based on interests and desire to develop your skills
- A position at a company that has been doing well despite the global pandemic
- Flexible working hours and freedom to decide to what extend you prefer to work remote/on-sight (you’ll need to be resident in Finland or willing to relocate)
- True continuous deployment
- A technology driven environment that allows developers to take responsibility and have a say in decisions being made
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than November 14, 2021. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
In case of questions feel free to drop an email to our team lead Mika Schafroth at mika.schafroth[a]relexsolutions.com.
Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 situation, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimisation software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimisation, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimising store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including AutoZone, Franprix, Morrisons, PetSmart, and Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.