Do you want to work with Big Data and help reducing CO2 emissions?
We are looking for a full-time Frontend Developer to join our RELEX family in our new Lisbon office. You will use your skills and experience to build RELEX Plan, a service that helps our customers optimize availability of the products in stores, by forecasting the demand. By doing this you will be contributing, every day, to reduce overall food waste.
What you’ll be working on:
You’ll join a Frontend-focused team of ~9 people, who will help you succeed in your new role. As a team, we value planning our work, collaborating on epics, and help each other on tasks to achieve as a team. The team is currently responsible for the frontend code of a web application. The code is mainly in TypeScript, React in the frontend, and Ruby in the backend (API Layer). Currently, frontend interacts with already developed and used JSON API’s, and soon, a GraphQL service will be available too. Some examples of what you will be doing:
- Writing code and automated tests
- Doing code reviews, writing documentation, refactoring, bug fixes, improving code quality
- Participating in planning new features and solutions to identified issues
- Participating in agile team practices and the development of them. Decided by the team, we follow Scrum agile practices
- Collaborating within the team and with other internal teams
Depending on your interests and skills the position can be only frontend focused with a wide variety of challenges, or also involve other kinds of development.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Appreciation towards clean and maintainable code and reliable software
- Interest to develop oneself and share knowledge to others
- Efficiency in verbal and written communication in English
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience in d3, GraphQL or CI pipelines
- Experience or knowledge of Ruby or Kotlin (Not a regular need, but nice to have more expertise in the team)
- Experience on working in agile software development team
- Enthusiasm towards improving frontend code performance
What we offer you in return:
- A sense of purpose for your work. You will know that your daily commitment is effectively reducing CO2 emissions (…and we can measure it)
- Possibility to be one of the first team members in the Lisbon branch. This means that you will be able to influence the culture and development of the place you will be working at
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work remotely
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one, several different kinds of work to choose from
- Mobile phone, data plan, health care insurance for you and your family
- One day per week to work on off-topics (self-development, new ideas…)
- Competitive salary
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 31st of October. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, Rui Morais (rui.morais[a]relexsolutions.com) is happy to answer them.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading retail brands including Media Markt, Leroy Merlin, Dia, Mercadona, Auchan, Ahold Delhaize and many, many more, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.