We are looking for a full-time Senior Full Stack/Backend Developer to join our RELEX family in our Helsinki office. You will use your skills and experience to build RELEX Work Engineering, one of the three main applications within RELEX.
RELEX Work Engineering is a workforce optimization service that helps our customers optimize their employees' work shifts based on expected demand, skill profile and other parameters. We have organized the RELEX Work to cross-functional teams around domains. In this role you would become part of the Employee Experience team which runs the services that the employees of our customers use. As a team we aim to shine together, without hierarchy or bureaucracy. This is a great time to join us: you’ll get to have a big impact on how we grow and how we do things.
The team is currently responsible for four microservices: a mobile optimized web application, a React Native app (iOS), a web app ran in mounted tablets and a service for managing push notifications backed by a PostgreSQL database. All services use TypeScript as the main language: React in the frontends and Node.js in the backends (BFF). These services also interact with other services over JSON API’s, most notably with the main backend service built with Elixir/Phoenix and PostgreSQL.
We are also planning on creating two new backends (including databases) soon. You would be participating in the planning and implementation of these new backend services.
Depending on your interests and skills the position can be more backend focused, or also involve frontend development. The team is cross functional and owns the service fully (backend and frontend), so full stack skills and/or interests are highly valued.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing code and automated tests
- Doing code reviews, writing documentation, refactoring, bug fixes, improving code quality
- Participating in planning new features and solutions to identified issues
- Participating in agile team practices and the development of them. We do not follow any agile practices by the book, but have a pragmatic take on them, mostly based on Kanban
- Collaborating within the team and with other internal teams
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Several years of experience on software development
- Experience in at least some of these technologies: Elixir/Phoenix, PostgreSQL, Node.js
- Appreciation towards clean and maintainable code and reliable software
- Experience on working in agile software development team
- Interest to develop oneself and share knowledge to others
- Efficient in verbal and written communication in English
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience in microservice architecture
- Experience/interest towards functional programming
- Enthusiasm towards automating manual tasks. We love automating everything
What we offer you in return:
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
- We promote remote working and flexible working hours, although we also value collaborating face to face (outside Covid, that is)
- Mobile phone, broadband and healthcare benefits
- Plenty of vocational clubs and opportunities: brewing, orienteering, gym at the office, training, mentorship programme, hack days etc.
- Possibility to work on a modern tech stack, e.g., React, React Native, TypeScript, Elixir, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, microservices, true Continuous Deployment
- We like to move fast: see your good ideas realise without extensive bureaucracy
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your resume and short cover letter through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 29th of June 2021. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Talent Acquisition Manager Heini Matero is happy to answer them by email heini.matero[a]relexsolutions.com.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, relocate new employees to our offices, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing, and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands, including Kesko, S Group, AutoZone, Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.