One of the fastest growing Retail Tech companies in the world is looking for an experienced Kafka Engineer to architect and lead our mission critical Kafka implementations. Our products enable leading retailers in Europe and the USA to optimize their operations and deliver fresh products while minimizing spoilage.
You will be joining the bigger Data Platform team and as a senior member of the team will help us strengthen our messaging infrastructure for both batch and stream processing. You will own Kafka infrastructure and will be responsible for making technology, architecture and hiring decisions to implement, maintain and scale our Kafka implementations.
This position is based in Helsinki or Lisbon depending upon the candidate.
What you’ll be doing:
As a senior Kafka Engineer, you will be leading a team to build, support and maintain highly available, scalable, and high throughput Kafka clusters in Europe, US and eventually APAC regions. Your responsibilities will include:
· Making technology choices, choosing between self-managed, managed, or confluent managed Kafka services
· Monitoring, maintaining, capacity planning, sizing, scaling, and ensuring our implementation meets various SLAs agreed upon with various customers.
· Designing, implementing, and testing HA and DR strategies
· Introducing and implementing industry best practices for maintaining and administering Kafka
· Evaluating, identifying and implementing any other tooling that might be required for improving developer or user experience. Such tooling includes Control Center (or equivalent), Lenses, Siddhi etc
· Evangelizing event driven architectures and other use cases such as Kafka connect
· Assisting internal teams in leveraging Kafka and various features it offers
· Hiring, training, and mentoring junior team members
What you’ll bring to the table:
We are seeking problem solvers, out of the box thinkers and technology leaders. The ideal candidate for this position:
· Must have a positive attitude, out of the box thinking and respect towards colleagues and co-workers irrespective of their skill levels or backgrounds
· Must be goal and team oriented – must think about the team before any decision
· A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in operating and maintaining large scale, production grade and mission critical Kafka clusters
· Experience with High Availability and Disaster recovery scenarios
· Good understanding of various use cases such as streaming, batch, KSQL etc. And Kafka ecosystem such as Control Center, Lenses, Siddhi etc
· Experience with Terraform, Infrastructure with Code (IaC) will be an advantage
· Good programming skills in Python would be highly desirable, although not mandatory
· A bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering
What we offer you in return:
Relex is an international organization, and we welcome people with diverse backgrounds. We foster a culture of inclusion, growth, collaboration, and cooperation while still acknowledging individuality. We want our employees to grow with us and offer many opportunities within the company including:
· Competitive salary with occupational healthcare.
· Innovation time – use 20% of time for learning and exploring modern technologies. You may use the time to contribute to open source Kafka project!
· Lunch Benefits, Recreational benefits
· An international, diverse working environment with work life balance
· Company sponsored attendance in one tech conference per year.
· And more!
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your [cover letter and resume] through the application form as soon as possible. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Talen Acquisition Specialist Vismit Chawla is happy to answer them by email vismit.chawla[at]relexsolutions.com.
Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 situation, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including AutoZone, Franprix, Morrisons, PetSmart, and Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.