We are now looking for a full-time (Senior) Software Development Engineer in Test to maintain and extend our test automation in our RELEX Work Saas solution. You’ll join the Optimization team, who will help you succeed in your new role. Together the team is responsible for Workforce Optimization and builds the optimization services used in RELEX Work. You will be part of the RELEX Work QA tribe, which will be instrumental in sharing the knowledge between the RELEX Work development teams.
The services developed by the team:
Our services convert workload forecasts to workforce requirements and then automatically schedule work for our customers’ employees. The goal is to ensure that employees with appropriate skills are scheduled to work at the right time, without violating their contracts. Because of our algorithms employees won’t be burdened with too much work nor have boring idle time, while still getting all the required work done. The optimization services are implemented in Golang and run in Azure. We use git/gitlab for version control and CI. The product is used by some of Finland's largest retailers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be helping the team in automating the testing in their build pipelines
- You’ll support the team’s PO in creating test cases for upcoming features
- You’ll contribute to the implementation of the tests
- You will be helping the team to get better at automating the testing at build time and during/after deployments to production
- Work closely with developers on troubleshooting of the failed tests
- Collaborate with QA colleagues in other teams
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in developing test automation solutions
- Experience in testing complex, compute heavy algorithms
- Experience with performance testing
- Eagerness to find out and learn about new technologies and share your findings
- Experience in driving quality improvements and providing quality awareness in agile environments with documentation, mentoring and implementing best practices
- Experience with writing tests in some statically typed language
- Automation mindset “Automating whatever and wherever possible”
- Fluency in English, as it is our company language
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience in testing nondeterministic applications
- Software programming background with experience in Golang
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and Microservices (Willing to learn)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- Experience in building scalable GitLab pipelines
- Experience in Microservices with API testing and developing test automation frameworks
- Interest in knowledge sharing and mentoring colleagues
What we offer you in return:
- Flexible work hours and a possibility to work remotely
- International working environment and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- Occupational healthcare provided by Heltti and an extensive IF Health Insurance
- Mobile phone and home internet benefit
- Support for the families: a sick childcare service, a paid day off when your child starts school for the first time
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 25th of November. Please note that we will fill these positions as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, Heini Matero (heini.matero[at]relexsolutions.com) from our recruitment team is happy to answer them. Kindly note that we cannot process any applications through email.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including Kesko, S Group, AutoZone, Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.