We are now looking for full-time Software Developer to join our RELEX family in Helsinki, Finland or Lisbon, Portugal. You’ll join Team Mordor (aka Deployments), whose vision is to be a champion for declarative, reproducible deployments. The team builds and operates fullstack services for managing complex internal software deployments. Our current mission is to improve the operational maturity of RELEX’s new distributed architecture. Our backend services are written in Haskell and Nix, and our frontend is in TypeScript. We rely on Kubernetes and Linux for our team’s own operations.
You will help the team achieve its mission by designing, implementing, testing, and operating its services!
RELEX offers career tracks for both technical experts and managers, so as the team grows there will be multiple paths for you to pursue.
What you’ll be doing:
Mordor is hiring at different experience levels, and your work will depend on your own expertise and background.
At a minimum, you will be:
- Communicating frequently with other developers and stakeholders
- Upholding our code quality standards
- Using functional programming (particularly Haskell and Nix) to build software
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong communication skills: listening well, synthesizing information, explaining complex topics, providing evidence to claims
- A software development background, either academic (e.g. CS degree) or professional
- Familiarity with Linux and command line utilities, and appreciation for the Unix Philosophy
- Fluent English skills
What we consider as an advantage:
We are primarily seeking backend functional programmers, but as a true devops team, Mordor is interested in broad talents.
Here are some traits we consider advantageous:
- Experience as an open-source contributor
- Advanced experience with Nix and/or Haskell
- Azure certifications
- Frontend expertise or interest, particularly React, TypeScript, Elm, and PureScript
- Management experience
As you can tell, Mordor is a team with many responsibilities, and we appreciate diverse perspectives and expertise!
What we offer you in return:
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture
- Separate career tracks for technical experts and managers
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A collaborative atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
- A position where you can help retailers fight against food waste
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 19th of October. Positions will be filled as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, the team lead in question, Bryan Richter is happy to answer them by email bryan.richter [a] relexsolutions.com.
Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 situation, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including AutoZone, Franprix, Morrisons, PetSmart, and Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.