We are now looking for a full-time backend developer to join our RELEX family. In this role you can be working remotely from Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, UK, France, Italy or Spain. You will build our observability platform for metrics, logging and tracing that is used across all systems at RELEX. This you’ll do on a team consisting of six people, who will help you succeed in your new role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop tools to help teams at RELEX monitor the availability and performance of their services
- Design and build new monitoring systems, e.g. for log stream analysis, capacity planning, performance optimization or anomaly detection
- Do code reviews and write RFC documents
- Take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of projects
- Be an ambassador for observability best practices across the whole company
What you’ll bring to the table:
- If you’re more Dev than Ops:
- Fluency in at least one programming language. We use mainly Go for monitoring tooling.
- Experience in developing highly available systems with defined SLO's.
- Willingness to do some Ops tasks.
- If you’re more Ops than Dev:
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Kubernetes platform.
- Proficiency with Ansible, Terraform or other deployment tools.
- A keen interest in software development with Go.
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty in the Unix shell
- Have a love of automation and infrastructure-as-code. Terraform, Ansible and Gitlab CI pipelines are some of the tools we use daily
- Eager to both learn new things and to teach others
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience with Prometheus or a similar time-series-based monitoring and alerting platform
- Previous experience in building monitoring tools, log pipelines and alerting rules
- Designing highly available systems
What we offer you in return:
- International working environment and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- Flexible work hours and a possibility to work remotely
- Occupational healthcare provided by Heltti and an extensive IF Health Insurance
- A gym at the office and a lot of other sport activities: yoga, HIIT, floorball, badminton…
- Mobile phone and home internet benefit
- Support for the families: a sick childcare service, a paid day off when your child starts the school for the first time, flexible work arrangements
- A position where you can help retailers fight against food waste
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 31st October 2021. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly. If you have questions, our Talent Acquisition Specialist Vismit Chawla is happy to answer them by email: vismit.chawla[at]relexsolutions.com.
The interview process consists of:
- A one-hour initial interview where we explore your resume, and you get a chance to ask any questions you might have related to the position
- A homework assignment consisting of a small project that you implement in a language of your choosing
- A two-hour joint code-review session where we discuss your solution and ask technical follow-up questions related to architecture and problem-solving
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including Kesko, S Group, AutoZone, Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.