Are you a business-minded, customer-centric individual looking for new challenges? Would you like to be part of creating long term success for retail, wholesale and manufacturing customers? Do you like to provide measurable value for your customers and fight against food waste?
Good news! We are now looking for a Space Planning Analyst to join our extraordinary Customer Operations team working in Colonial Heights, Virginia.
Here at RELEX we work in small teams where everyone’s input is valued. You are exposed to as much freedom and responsibilities based on your comfort level. We are passionate about what we do but do not take ourselves too seriously. New challenges excite us where we can put our skills to test, and we make sure we have fun during the process. Life is supposed to be fun. Now – if you accept the challenge – we give you the opportunity to experience all this and more.
What you will be doing:
- Must be able to acquire Security Clearance or Public Trust Security Clearance
- Working onsite daily with a client to help maximize sales through the utilization of the Relex Software to build and maintain accurate, optimized planograms
- Gather business requirements from clients, building configurations, and producing optimized store-specific planograms based on client provided criteria.
- Collaborating with customers in meeting their business goals
- Work with clients to understand and optimize their business processes and identify areas of opportunity to increase sales, reduce costs, and maximize the efficiency of in-store operations through optimized product assortments and inventory management
- Perform business analysis and problem-solving activities related to the category review process. Analyzing the performance of implemented planograms based on sales metrics and reporting tools
What you'll bring to the table:
- 1 to 4 years of work experience in management consulting, supply chain development, category management, merchandising, software implementation or other relevant areas in retail / consulting industry
- Experience in a minimum of three of the following areas:
- Retail planning & optimization
- Assortment planning
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Space optimization
- Inventory management
- Demand forecasting
- Business analytics
- Schematic / planogram execution
- Store operations
- Category development / management
- Store systems
- Academic record in Industrial Management, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Research, Information Management or other relevant subject expertise
- Previous Planogramming / Space Planning experience is preferred
What we consider as an advantage:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with a Grocery / CPG / FMCG retailer or supplier
- Experience in space and assortment planning, planogram execution, space optimization, store operations, category development, inventory management, replenishment, and or allocation.
- Capability to interact confidently with end-users and category teams
- Ability to understand SCM and other retail planning systems from business and IT perspectives
- Ability to gather requirements, carry out process design, and effectively communicate category decisions/recommendations
- Entrepreneurial attitude with interest in growing the business
- Outstanding work ethic and a sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills in English, other language skills are considered a bonus
What we offer in return:
- A front-row seat in a rapidly growing international software company
- Working with a fun, ambitious, and committed a team of smart people
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
- International career and learning opportunities
- Position where you can help retailers fight against food waste
RELEX is a fast-growing software company developing its own products that help retail companies plan and operate more efficiently. By accurately forecasting and planogramming of goods, we reduce inventory costs, increase availability and cut waste. To achieve this, we use our in-house built terabyte-scale in-memory database, which stores tens of billions of rows of data.
RELEX is a trusted partner by leading brands including e.g. Party City, WHSmith, Delhaize America, Morrisons, Coop Denmark, and Circle K Europe. We are a team of more than 700 employees with offices in the US (Atlanta), UK, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, Italy, Spain, and our headquarters in Helsinki, Finland.