We are now looking for a Systems Administrator to join our RELEX family in Helsinki or to our new Tech Hub in Lisbon, Portugal.
The Performance of our in-memory database Software, handling up to billions of data rows and with massive computation requirements, is critical for the company and a differentiating factor versus our competition. To assure good performance, we need to maintain several test stacks of our Software.
Together with the other members of the Performance Team we will deploy and maintain stacks of our technology running on High Performance Computing clusters of servers with hundreds of CPU Cores and TiB of RAM each, running as distributed systems on top of Linux operating systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deal extensively with Linux servers through command line (ex: Bash scripts)
- Deploy and maintain stacks of our core product (RELEX Plan) and satellite components for the distributed systems (many Open-Source products like ZooKeeper, Helix, Linkerd and some custom ones too)
- Manage automation mechanisms (automated redeployments and Software-resets)
- Stay on top of evolving deployment methods and service stack and ensure that performance applications are always compatible
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with Systems Administration / DevOps
- Strong ease with using a Command-Line
- Good communication skills in English (English is our company language)
- At least some knowledge of Linux
What we consider as an advantage:
- Strong advantage – experience with Linux servers or even with performance-optimizing the Linux Kernel
- Experience with distributed systems (ex: ZooKeeper, Helix, Linkerd etc)
What we offer you in return:
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
- A position where you can help retailers fight against food waste
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 28th of October. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Performance Architect, Paulo Augusto Maia Borges, is happy to answer them by email: Paulo.Borges[a]relexsolutions.com.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, relocate new employees to our offices, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including Kesko, S Group, AutoZone, Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.