We are looking for a full-time Team lead / Senior software developer to become part of our RELEX family at the Helsinki office. You will lead the Core Backend Services team, a team of dedicated developers who will help you succeed in your new role.
We strive to build a world class, forecast-based workforce optimization SaaS product that allows reducing labor costs while simultaneously increasing service levels. You will help us achieve this goal by building the solution that allows effective work shift planning by utilizing workload forecasts and running shift optimizations.
Core Backend Services team is one of six development teams building the solution in our Workforce product area. The team is responsible for providing the backend and API's to several other microservices. Our cloud native microservices are all owned by a team, and the team owning a service is responsible for the development, deployment and operations of it – we do devops. The team will be a new one; a result of splitting up a current team that has grown larger both in size and responsibilities. You as the team lead will also join the department level Engineering Lead team and help improving the practices affecting the whole department.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading, coaching and helping your team of about 5 developers
- Continuously improving team practices using agile methodologies (we mainly use KanBan)
- Participating in future recruitments for the team
- Working closely with the Product Owner as well as other dev teams
- Collaborating with other internal teams and team leads
- Key target for this position is to foster an efficient, happy and autonomous team that pushes RELEX forward
- Writing code, automated tests, doing code reviews
- Participating in planning new features and solutions to identified issues
Most of your time is expected to go into team lead responsibilities and coaching the team. In case you want to focus on coding you might be interested in one of our currently open developer positions.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A couple of years of experience and interest towards leading a team and improving its practices
- Seniority in software development
- Experience working in an agile software development team
- Interest to develop oneself and the people around you
- Good written and verbal English language skills (our language of communication is English)
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience with Elixir/Phoenix and PostgreSQL
- Diversity and different perspectives
- Experience with cloud services (i.e. Azure, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Interest in domain-driven design
- Desire to put an end to stupid things. Raise your hand when you see something that does not make sense or could be done differently.
What we offer you in return:
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Flexibility to position yourself based on interests and desire to develop your skills
- A position at a company that has been doing well despite the global pandemic
- Flexible working hours and freedom to decide to what extent you prefer to work remote/on-site (you’ll need to be resident in Finland or willing to relocate)
- True continuous deployment
- A technology driven environment that allows developers to take responsibility and have a say in decisions being made
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 6th of December, 2021. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
In case of questions feel free to drop an email to Heini Matero from Talent Acquisition team at heini.matero [a] relexsolutions.com.
Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 situation, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including AutoZone, Franprix, Morrisons, PetSmart, and Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.