We are now looking for a full-time Senior Front End Developer to join our RELEX family in Helsinki.
You’ll join Mordor, the deployment automation team, where our backend and full-stack developers will help you succeed in your new role. The team values reliability, correctness and reproducibility and is currently responsible for building automation tools to assist in the deployment of RELEX supply chain optimization solution. Our project’s frontend is mainly based on TypeScript and React, the backend leverages Haskell, both communicating via a REST API. Some examples of what you will be doing:
- Participating in full development life cycle, including gathering requirements, designing and building, testing and providing support
- Making technical decisions about the frontend project
- Collaborating with other teams, such as the other RELEX Plan UX teams
- Training new recruits
Depending on your interests and skills, the position can be only frontend focused with a wide variety of challenges, or also involve other kinds of development work, like working on the Haskell REST APIs, taking on DevOps tasks, test automation, etc.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong experience in TypeScript, React, and web frontend project architecture
- A dedication towards clean and maintainable code and reliable software
- Interest to develop oneself and share knowledge with others
- Efficiency in verbal and written communication in English
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience with Cypress
- Experience or knowledge of Kubernetes basics
- Experience on working in agile software development team
- Experience with Linux (shell, network, systemd)
- Experience with the Nix package manager
- Enthusiasm towards collaborating on cross-team features
What we offer you in return:
- A sense of purpose for your work. You will know that your daily commitment is effectively reducing CO2 emissions (… and we can measure it)
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work environment with strive towards async communication – possibility to work in-office, from home (with provided office equipment) or any mix of both.
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one, several different kinds of work to choose from
- Mobile phone, data plan and work health care insurance
- 20% of your work time reserved for innovation (self-learning, new ideas…)
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 28th of September. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Talent Acquisition Manager is happy to answer them by email heini.matero[a]relexsolutions.com.
Due to the ongoing global COVID-19 situation, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including AutoZone, Franprix, Morrisons, PetSmart, and Rossmann and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.